An Introduction To Physical Science
This text presents a survey of the physical sciences—physics, chemistry, astronomy, meteorology, and geology—for non-science majors. Topics are treated both descriptively and quantitatively, providing flexibility for instructors who wish to emphasize a highly descriptive approach, a highly quantitative approach, or any spectrum in between.
Concepts to be treated mathematically are consistently introduced from three perspectives. First, the concept is defined in words, as briefly as possible. Second, the definition is presented as an equation in word form. Finally, the concept is expressed in symbol notation.
- A new interior design enhances the book's pedagogical features and organizational structure, making the material more accessible to both students and instructors.
- End-of-chapter "On the Web" exercises require students to use Internet resources to explore topics, review concepts, and solve problems.
- Supplementary PowerPoint slides containing a wealth of photographs and all the line art from the text enhance classroom instruction.
- Chapter 18, "The Universe," has been completely revised to incorporate new material.
- "Learning Goals" provide a focus and framework for each section.
- "Spotlight On" features use figures, photos, or flowcharts to visually summarize a section or chapter.
- "Highlights" have been updated to include topics such as nanotechnology, disposal of nuclear waste, the use of hydrogen in transportation, and earthquake risk in the United States.
Цена: 1899 ден
Извести ме кога производот ќе биде на залиха